Monday, December 11, 2006

Promy Run

Two days events to relate.

Saturday

Not much to relate on saturday. It was prety much house keeping. The chocobo got fed. The alchemists guild got checked. The AH stuff got rotated. Setup notification on the LS community about the planned Promy Holla run on Sunday.

Then I was off to Castle Zvahl. I needed to get some Dark Clusters for the push to 50 Cooking. Managed to remember to get a screen shot or two. Here's a pic of me in front of the main castle entrance.

Unfortunatly, when I got there, it was ice day, so the only elementals to be found were Ice Elementals. Here's a pic of me weapon skilling Burning Blade on one.

At that point, I logged for the evening.

Sunday

Sunday starts off with me still in Castle Zvahl. But as I exit with the intention of getting to windy to change jobs in prep for the promy run, the weather changes. So back in the castle I go, snag two elementals, and head towards the oupost teleport person. I grab another one on the way:

After much muling I finaly am changed to THF/NIN and am equiped for the promy run. We get together mostly on time. Do a bit of farming for some Recollection drops (I didn't need em but 3 others did). I did manage to get the Teal Memmosphere. Then the ones who needed anima were off to Ru'Lude Gardens to exchange their Recollections for anima. Here's a pic of Scab and Devious as we wait for everyone to get back from the anima exchange.

The final party consisted of Jelley, Hummer, Krolm, Scab, Devious and myself. What ensued was one of the smoothest promy runs I have ever witnessed. Zero problems on the way up. The final sprint was me leading the way after intentionaly aggro-ing an empty and training some nasties with Perfect Dodge and Flee. Apparently only Scab got a minor bit of agro at the end and even then his shadows took the hit. The boss fight itself went alsmost as smoothly. Took the usual 5 minute (Bio) (Break) just before the fight. Made sure there was an anima usage order. In we went. Buffed and when ready, charged the mob. Towards the end unfortunatly after Devious EES's the WAR's couldnt' grab agro back as they were sleeped and the WHM was a little too far for a cure. But he re-raised himself and there were no further complications to the fight. It would have been a perfect run appart from his death. Ah well, maybee next time.

After all that, it was the usual mule suffle to put away the stuff, get the extra Recollections converted to anima. Checked the chocobo (sleeping). Finish skilling up Cooking to 50 and pass the test for Journeyman and get the Alchemy Guild item for the day done.

All in all a prety good day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it's not the same if I don't kiss the dirt.

December 11, 2006 at 9:19 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That had to be the nicest prom run ever. At least that I have been a part of.

December 11, 2006 at 9:23 p.m.  
Blogger Letrange said...

LOL Dev. And yep Scab it was the smoothest I've been on in a while. Much smother than that one were we lost Isyan and had to do it with 5 people. Go Thundar on that one.

December 11, 2006 at 10:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home