Sunday, February 11, 2007

Zilart Done!

Wow, I actually got to finish off the Zilart story line in one go. I had been stuck on the mission just after getting sky for the longest of times. But luckily there was a Divine Might alliance forming for the last thee days. I had indicated that if I was online at the time I'd go, but no promises. Got lucky and I ended up online at the appropriate time. So I got changed and off to Divine Might I go.

Once I got to sky it was pretty much a go as we had all 18 people there. Myself and 2 other race off to make sure we have the actual Divine Might quest started. We're actually trying to finish off the Ark Angels mission from the Zilart storyline. That mission involves killing all 5 Ark Angels. One at a time. But if you start a quest known as Divine Might, this allows an alliance to kill all 5 Ark Angels in one fight.

Once we get there, I find out I'm the only RDM going on this. Well that makes my contribution to the fight kind of linchpin like. Sure enough the first fight does not go smoothly. I'm in charge of trying to keep two kiter's alive while gravity-ing two mobs. Basically the kiter's and I do a hash of it and get killed early in the fight which means we only kill 1 of the AA and wipe.

First run: Not so good

So once we get kicked from the first fight, we re-hash our strategy. This time the BST is going to kite one of the mobs with Courier Carrie. And the mob kill order has changed from TT->MR->GK->HM->EV to TT->GK->MR->HM->EV. The only NIN in the party and myself are given the task of kiting the Elvan for basically the entire fight. We do this perfectly. We could have kept going but the leader decided to allow a wipe with everyone in a place where we could raise ourselves without immediately resuming the fight. Since we had enough time left.

We're actually doing great!

Once we re-raise and get everyone up and alive again, The final fight was obviously a shoe in. We had no problem (well I died again, but hey, Chainspell -> debuff -> Nuke gets a lot of hate) killing the Elvan Ark Angel. Once we were all patched up again it was off to the point you start Divine Might to get our earrings. I chose Suppanomimi for when I actually un-gimp my NIN sub-job.

After this part of the alliance stayed together to go get the last fight of the Zilart mission done. So off we all trooped to Norg to progress the missions. And back again to Sky.

The teleporter to sky is the coolest teleporter in the game

So we zone into The Shrine of Ru'Avitau to get our next cut-scene. And Lion offers to go on a date with us. I still think she's got one of the coolest outfits in the game.

Mmmmmm Lion!

The next part was full of pain and suffering as we tried to get everyone to the Celestial Nexus. Getting lost and a lot of death. That's what actually took the most time of the entire session. Once we finally all got there we knew that some of us would have to go a minimum of 2 times. We actually went 3 times for the first win and never went a 2nd time due to mass death (again) and it being way too late.

The cut-scene for the actual fight is one of the coolest for it's lighting effects.

Cool lighting

We also get to kill off the punk ass Zilart.

Evil 10000 year old punk

The first fight went badly since I didn't know what I was supposed to do to keep the detectors out of the way. So the first loss was basically mine.

The second run through was also a wipe but this time I kept the detectors out of the fight for the whole time. The problem that time was the tank not keeping hate. This is not as evident as it may sound since you're supposed to be killing exoplates but you need to provoke the main character to keep him from killing the mages.

The third run was smooth. I kept em off so well (using an alternating sleep 2 method to keep them out of sequence with each other) that I was almost full MP by the time of the start of the fight against the 2nd form. Refreshes all round with some judicious healing permitted us an easy win (once we knew what we were doing).

Unfortunately wining meant we got sent to the hall of the gods again. Which implied a trip back to the Celestial Nexus to once again get to the fight for the people who still had to do it. By the time we got there (with attendant death) too many people had left and we were without enough people to do the fight. I feel sorry for the two who didn't get it (out of the 5 who were left) but them's the breaks, as they say.

All in all a very successful evening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats man

February 11, 2007 at 11:54 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home